Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy July 4th!




a visit from Uncle Sam

Happy 4th of July! What a special day for all Americans. This day took on special meaning for our family this year. It was Taylor's first July 4th as an American citizen. I hope one day he understands all that it means. We have so much to be thankful for in this country and so many freedoms and opportunities. I give thanks each day to his birthmother for allowing us the chance to share these with Taylor. She is truly a blessing and it's because of her unselfishness that we have this little miracle in our lives today.










We had a wonderful celebration. We went to a neighborhood block party and Taylor got to ride his bike which was decked out in American flags. Too bad they didn't want to stand up straight. Needless to say he was the youngest rider and slowest but had a blast trying to keep up with the big kids! After the bike parade (which was led by a tractor) we gathered at a neighbor's home for a visit by Uncle Sam. We then heard him recite the Declaration of Independence. This was especially meaningful to me this year as I held my precious guatatot!! Then we all stood and recited the Pledge of Allegiance. What a moving moment once again...yes, my emotions have been running high lately. We ended the evening by having a cook-out with my aunt and her family. A great time was had by all. Taylor loved seeing the sparklers! Too bad he fell asleep before the real fireworks! Maybe next year we can go and see real fireworks.








taking a tractor ride after riding my bike


We hope that everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July. The next post will be from Myrtle Beach or shortly after we return from vacation!! I'm so excited about spending a week at the beach!!

Have a super holiday weekend!!

1 comment:

Kelli Moore said...

I hope you have a great time at the beach!! I love the pictures from the 4th!!