
It was two years ago tonight that we got THE call. I can remember it like it just happened yesterday. What a wonderful feeling. I was so excited to see the number on our phone. I could hardly contain myself. Of course, I thought something was up because I'd been playing phone tag with our agency all day. Also had gotten several emails. I remember hearing our coordinator saying, "It's a boy!" Our son had been born and we had been chosen to be his parents. What a huge blessing.
Terry was working and I could hardly wait for him to get home so we could open the email with Taylor's pictures. I remember how excited and nervous we were when we saw our first pictures. He was almost 3 months old and looked so skinny to me!
Time sure does pass quickly. Some days have seemed to drag on (like those weeks waiting on our dna approval, all the US Embassy delays, those weeks in pgn and the delay in our embassy appointment) and others passed quickly (especially those on our 2 visit trips). I can't believe it's been two years since we first "met" our son and almost one year since we became a "forever family" and have been home in Virginia!
Taylor is our little miracle and such a blessing in our lives. I can't begin to imagine life without him and can hardly remember what it was like before he came home. Terry and I had no idea we'd have children when we got married. My how life changes in 6 months!
Taylor is such a joy and shows us something new each day. He's really attached to both of us and hugs our necks and kisses us all the time. He loves to be held and read to. His favorite toys continue to include balls, trucks, cars, books and anything with wheels. He is walking up and down stairs and running everywhere. He is starting to talk more and we can understand lots of his words. He says mommy, daddy, money, eyes, juice, no, truck, puppy, choo choo, down, cracker, cookie, please and makes all sorts of animal sounds. He also uses a few signs. The potty training is another issue!!
We think of Taylor's birth mother and wonderful foster family often. I hope they know that he is doing so well. Their gift to us was such an unselfish act. We pray for them every night.
Now for some pictures from then and now! Thanks for continuing to follow our journey....especially now that we move full force into toddlerhood!! 





Sunday, October 19, 2008
Two Years Ago
Posted by
Hunter
at
8:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm tearing up just looking at those newborn pictures of Taylor.
Can you believe it's been two years!? We're celebrating Cohen's birthday next weekend and I can't believe my baby boy is almost 2!
WOW-- Doesn't the Time FLY????????
Taylor is getting SO BIG and CUTE as EVER!!!!
Looks like you had fun at Guatoberfest- I realyl want to go next year.. Then we can meet in person!
Happy Early Birthday Mr. Taylor!
Post a Comment