
Guess I'm just a little late recapping the month of February but...better late than never!! As usual February seemed to rush by. I have started my next class and that keeps me from seeing my baby boy on Wednesdays. I hate that and will be glad when summer arrives.
The weather has been crazy this month. Cold one day and warm the next. We missed several February snow storms but made up for it at the beginning of March! We finally got about 3 or 4 inches of snow. We had 2 days off from school so that was even better!! Taylor wasn't too sure of the snow at first but then loved making snow balls. He had a snowball fight with Annie and Sara next door. They were great sports! His favorite expression was "Oh, boy!" and "wow". Needless to say, he didn't want to come inside. On the second day, he woke up saying "my snow" and looking for his boots. He wanted to go out right then but it was way too cold so we had to wait a bit. Not easy for a 2 1/2 year old!!
having fun in the tunnel
lovin' the slide
Valentine's day was lots of fun for Taylor and his friends at Ms Patsy's. They all had lots of candy and cards. A bit too much chocolate if you ask me. Taylor also discovered he loves popcorn!! Daddy and I gave him a balloon and some new hot wheels! Those were a big hit! Hot wheels are his favorite toy right now. Of course, trains are a close second.
Emma lovin'
He still loves for us to read but now it is mainly books about cars and trains. He has started "reading" to himself. It's so cute to watch him look at books and say some of the words! He is repeating everything we say....so we have to be extra careful. I think his speech is progressing but maybe not as much as most children his age. 
reading the paper like Mommy and Daddy
Pop and Maw-Maw came to visit the last part of February. Taylor loves spending time with his Pop. He followed him everywhere. We went out to dinner and then just hung out at the house most of the weekend. It was pretty cold. Pop doesn't like the cold so we were surprised when he said they were coming to visit! We loved the company and can't wait to see them again in April.
Keydet in the making--Pop would love for Taylor to attend VMI!!
Taylor is such a joy (most days) and a true blessing in our lives. He continues to amaze us. He does something new everyday. He is certainly trying to become more independent. He no longer sits in the high chair but wants his "big boy" chair--which is a family heirloom that dates back to the Civil War! I hope he doesn't break it!! Guess it's about time to make the transition to the big bed. We may try that over spring break! Now if he would just go potty and get rid of those diapers!! Guess that will come in time, too. He wants to do everything that we do and is eating mainly adult food now. Still has trouble with some meat but I think that is just because he's lazy! Of course with the independence comes some stubborness. He has some terrible tantrums but we just let him cry them out. You would think we were killing him! Then he gets over it and comes and gives us hugs!! How sweet is that?!!
Didn't realize this would be such a long post. Want to capture as much as I can so I can turn this into a book for Taylor. We got an email from Claudia, Taylor's foster mom, and she had another baby in December. She says that Angela still misses Taylor and talks of him often. Think Angela wanted a brother and not a sister. I pray that they are healthy and doing okay. Claudia and her family were wonderful to Taylor and loved him as their own. We can never repay them for all they did for our son. Oh, we did get the original paperwork back from Immigration. Most of it was contained papers we already had. However, we did receive a new picture of Taylor's birth mother. He will now have 2 or 3 different ones to keep. This one looks really different from the others. I am glad that he will have these when he's older.
That is enough of an update for now. I do better at posting on Facebook these days. I will try to post a few pictures since I'm not sure who, if anyone, still visits the blog.
Snow Pictures--March 1-2, 2009
bundled up and ready to go


playing in the snow at night!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009
February 2009
Posted by
Hunter
at
2:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How sweet! I'm glad we finally got some snow. We got 9 inches over here, but you had enough to have some fun! Taylor's getting cuter all the time. Can't wait to get the kiddos together. Love ya
Adorable! I can't believe how big he's getting! 2 1/2!! Wow. We should get together after your Wednesday class ends and summer arrives. Playdate! :)
Wow- he has gotten so big!! Just look at him in comparison to the blog header photo!
Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com
Post a Comment