Today was an important day in the United States---Barack Obama became the 44th President of the United States! What a historical day this is for our country! It's a time of hope and change. It's a time when the first African-American has held the highest office in our country. What encouragement and hope this should be for our youngest citizens. This includes Taylor!!! I am hoping that Obama will help make positive changes for all people.
On another note, it was an important day for our family....Terry and I finally signed the petition for adoption in the state of Virginia! This will allow Taylor to have a Virginia birth certificate and also let us legally change his name! We have also gotten the forms filled out requesting all the papers that we gave immigration when Taylor entered the US on October 30, 2007! I can't wait to get those papers returned and share that information with Taylor when he is older.
Hopefully the Virginia re-adoption and gathering of other documents will be finished by the middle of the spring! What an exciting time for all of us!!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Historical Day!
Posted by
Hunter
at
8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
After getting your email, I finally got in gear to do the same thing. Can't wait to see if we get back any pictures that we haven't seen.
Post a Comment