Tuesday, January 16, 2007

YEA

YES! Today was a big day for us...we finally got DNA authorization!! This means that the attorney can set up an appointment for blood to be taken and sent to a lab here in the US. Once this is done, we should have the results in 3 days. The embassy should then issue a "pre-approval" within 30 days. The interview with the social worker will hopefully take place the same day as the blood test. Once the sw writes the report and PA is done, then we enter the gates of PGN!! Hopefully, we can plan a visit trip for March or April!!

One more hurdle cleared!!! We continue to think and pray for Julio, his birth mother and his foster family.

Thanks for following our journey.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Hi --I saw your blog on someone else's blog! We are adopting from Guatemala too!!!--Your little baby boy is so so so cute!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on getting DNA authorization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to follow your journey!!! :o)

JuJu - said...

I am glad you have good news and things are moving right along for you guys!Thanks for the support his week:):)

Julia

Natalie said...

What wonderful news! It is such a relief to get over that first big hurdle!

Natalie said...

Holy crap...I just realized we are with the same agency! Send me an email at jnk_fly@yahoo.com

Natalie said...

Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!!