Monday, April 16, 2007

Prayers

What a sad and horrific day it has been in southwest Virginia. I can't believe the tragedy that has occurred at Virginia Tech. I can't imagine a gunman coming into a college class and just opening fire. I think of the many times I've sat in a college class or a class anywhere for that matter. I think of what would happen in my own classroom if this type of situation were to occur. We practice and talk about all types of crisis plans but you never know what will happen until the situation actually occurs.

As many of you know, my husband's family and my extended family are graduates of VT and big Hokie fans. I have lots of friends that graduated from Tech. Our niece actually lives in the dorm where one of the shooting occurred. Thank goodness she is okay. Our prayers are with the victims' families and all those touched by this tragedy. We ask that you keep the entire VT family in your prayers.

3 comments:

Lori and Robby said...

I thought of you and Terry the second I heard the news. So glad that your neice is OK. We will remember everyone involved in our prayers.

Natalie said...

I've been thinking of you today. The families affected by this horrific tragedy are in our prayers. I am relieved to hear that your niece is okay.

The Landes Family said...

I also have connections to VT. I am from there, my husband graduated from there, my dad works there and Randy and I were married there. I am having a hard time with this. Home towns are suppose to be a comfort for one. My prayers are for everyone effected and also the shootter's family. How sad to think your child did this horrible thing.