What a wonderful feeling to finally be celebrating my first Mother's Day! I am ever so grateful to Blanca for making such a life changing decision. I can't imagine how she must have felt relinquishing her son. It takes such a strong person to be able to make that decision. My heart goes out to all birth mothers who have made that decision. They have given lots of us the most precious gift and the wonderful chance to be a mom.
I am spending the day loving on my little fellow. His daddy is working so it's been just the two of us most of the day. He is such a busy boy and has kept me running. It's rainy here so we've been playing inside and reading lots of books. He's taking a much needed nap now but am sure that won't last for long.
I am also remembering my mama and missing her like crazy. She passed away a little over 4 years ago and Mother's Day has always been hard. She would have loved Taylor and having him live right in the same town would have been wonderful. I hope that I can show him the love and joy of life that she showed the three of us. She was such a strong woman in so many ways. I hope that one day Taylor will think of me the way I think of my mother. We know that she (and Terry's mother) is looking down on us.
Finally, we keep in prayer, Blanca and also Claudia, Taylor's foster mother. We know that they must be thinking of this little one that is no longer with them. We thank them for all the love they have shown him.
Happy Mother's Day to all who are celebrating and those who are still waiting....we are keeping your little ones in our prayers.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Mother's Day!
Posted by
Hunter
at
2:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wasn't this the best Mother's Day ever! So happy that our boys are finally with us to celebrate this day.
HOLA FAMILY BARBER:
QUE BIEN SE MIRA TAYLOR EN LAS FOTOS,YO TAMBIEN LE ENVIO MUCHAS FELICIDADES POR SU PRIMER DIA DE LA MADRE, LE ASEGURO QUE USTED ES TODO PARA TAYLOR Y LA AMA MUCHISIMO Y CREO QUE SIEMPRE ESTARA MUY AGRADECIDO CON DIOS POR HABERLE ENVIADO UNA MADRE TAN ESPECIAL COMO USTED...LES ENVIAMOS MUCHOS BESOS Y ABRAZOS
CON AMOR CLAUDIA,ANGELA Y EDDY
Post a Comment