Wow!! It's been a long time since I've posted and lots has been happening around here. I finished another school year and am lovin' my summer vacation!! One of the few perks of being a teacher is the 10 week vacation each year!! Taylor has finished going to the sitters and misses her terribly. Not sure he has gotten used to being home with me all the time yet. He misses playing with all his buddies. We really wish Ms. Beth was keeping him again but understand her situation. We have gotten a new sitter for the fall and Taylor will get to meet her this week. I think she will be good for him and she has gotten rave reviews.
We've been taking advantage of all the great weather. Taylor loves to go to the park and swing and kick the ball. He has a small pool in our backyard and is slowly getting used to that. His friend Jacob came over last weekend and they loved splashing each other.
We have tried toilet training but not having much luck since his surgery in May. He seldom uses the potty but is pulling at his diaper. Maybe later this summer we can work on that more. He will sit when I'm in the bathroom so guess that is a good sign. I'd love to be rid of diapers by the fall---is that wishful thinking for a boy??
Taylor is definitely in that terrible two stage---he's into everything and gets frustrated if he can't do something. He's trying so hard to be Mr. Independent!! His language skills are slowly picking up--am sure my pediatrician will say something at his 2 year appt in August. I'm not super worried yet....but wish he would talk more. He is doing a few signs and jabbers all the time. He definitely understands what we are telling him.
We have a busy next few weeks....my sister gets married in Chapel Hill next weekend---pray that Taylor will walk down the aisle and not throw his pillow!! and then we are headed to Myrtle Beach for the week after July 4th! I'm so excited!! I love the beach and miss not living so close to it. I will try to take lots of pictures but make no promises. Taylor is so active that it's hard to capture him on film!!
Taylor at the park----
Taylor playing on his new Backyardigan sofa!! (an impulse buy that is not like Mama at all!!)
When Mama isn't looking---
We are sponsoring a student through Mayan Families. Gerson and his family now have a water filter for clean water and received a food basket at Mother's Day. We got a letter and drawing from him a few weeks ago and it was wonderful.
We continue to pray for Taylor's birth mother and foster family. We occasionally hear from Claudia and I think Angela misses Taylor. We also continue to pray for the Moore family and hope that their two boys come home soon.
Thanks for checking in!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Catchin' Up
Posted by
Hunter
at
12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, so happy to see new pictures of Taylor! He looks like he is always on the go -- just like someone around our house. :)
Thank you, Hunter. We've been so discouraged lately. Thank you for thinking of us. Taylor is ADORABLE and I LOVE the photos from the swing!! Darling.
Post a Comment