Merry Christmas, 2008!
My little boy is growing up

Blogging has not been such a priority these days!! I still need to keep posting since I want this to be a journal for Taylor. Will try to recap our wonderful holidays and the beginning of a new year.
Christmas was a blast! I was out of school for two full weeks and it was great. Taylor kept me busy but we had so much fun. He visited Santa but wasn't thrilled. He said "ho, ho" all the way through the line. He even gave him a high five but screamed when he sat on Santa's lap! Oh well, maybe next year!! Christmas eve, I cooked dinner for some of my extended family. My aunt got sick so she couldn't make it but my uncle and one cousin came. It was nice and we enjoyed spending time with them. Taylor hung his stocking by the fireplace and loved taking ornaments off the tree. Christmas morning was the best....Terry said Taylor had the biggest eyes as we were walking down the stairs. He LOVED his train that Santa left and didn't want to play with anything else. He did open two gifts and that was about it. Santa left the train, a little people barn and a table and chairs. He also got lots of other goodies from family.... books, puzzles, a set of musical instruments (thanks to Aunt Nancy and Uncle Timmy!!), cars, soccer ball and a t-ball set (thanks to Uncle Troy). We can't wait for the warmer weather so we can play outside!!
After Christmas, Taylor and I headed to SC to visit my dad, his wife, my sister and brother-in-law. We had a great visit. Taylor traveled well--tallked the entire 5 hours and didn't nap at all!! He loved spending time with "Pop" and "Maw Maw". Of course, his Aunt Sara ("ya ya") is another favorite! He even started calling Troy, "T". Not sure how he gets these names!! He loved for them to read his train book; am sure they were a little tired of that book after 3 days!
Taylor is changing so much....he is talking so much more. Using 2 and 3 word phrases and labeling everything. He is starting to name colors and shapes. He continues to love to play with cars and trains. He is obsessed with his Hokie Bird and "gobble" goes everywhere, along with puppy!! I love going shopping with a toddler, puppy and now gobble!! What a sight we are!! Taylor is still sleeping in his crib and I'm not sure when we will make the move to the big bed. I'm content knowing that he's safe in his crib!! We have tried potty training but not getting anywhere, so I'm just going to wait until the spring....unless he decides he wants to potty. He loves to sit on the potty and read but doesn't do anything.
Am sure 2009 will be full of adventures for us. My brother is getting married in July so Taylor will be a ring bearer again this summer. Maybe he will walk down the aisle this year!! I start another class in mid January so I will be busy. We have some friends who are starting a domestic adoption, so we will keep them in our prayers as they embark on this wonderful journey. We also have several friends that will be traveling on missions trips. We will keep them in our prayers and hope they have safe travels. Continue to follow our journey through this new year.
Hanging my stocking by the fireplace
Santa did arrive!
Reading with Aunt Sara ("ya ya")
Reading with "Pop"
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Playing Catch Up
Posted by
Hunter
at
2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! I love seeing all the Christmas pictures. Taylor seems to happy, and he is just precious when he's laughing. I can't wait for our next yahoo-group get-together. I think we need to host things after we recover from the holidays. It'd be so great to see everyone!!!
Taylor is getting so big!
Sounds like you all had a fun Christmas!
How are You? Remember ME?! Keri Krumm?! LOL
Hope all is good!!!
Post a Comment