to pick up Taylor!!! We got our embassy appointment for next Friday, Oct 26. We leave on Thursday, Oct 25 and return to Virginia on Oct. 30 with our son!! I can't believe that we are actually going to be bringing him home. I have all sorts of emotions going through me right now. I'm so excited but know that this will be a hard time for his wonderful foster family. I know that he will miss them and pray that he has a smooth transition.
We first "met" Taylor almost one year ago on Oct. 19. We saw those first pictures and instantly fell in love. We accepted his referral on Oct. 21. Our embassy appointment will be exactly 53 weeks from his date of referral. What a long road and journey this has been. We've met some wonderful supportive friends along the way. Our families have been so supportive and we couldn't have done this without all the support, prayers and love. We are excited about everyone getting to meet Taylor. We are also excited about beginning this new journey and chapter in our lives.
Keep watching the blog for updates. I'll try to post as much as possible!! Keep us in your prayers as we travel next week. Also pray for Claudia and her family as they make this transition. We thank God each day for this wonderful blessing and the gift that Taylor's birthmom has given to us.
Thanks for following along.....
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
We're on our way.....
Posted by
Hunter
at
7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hunter! Congratulations!!! I was just talking with Emily Norman today, saying I hope you get your appointment soon, and now you have it. YAYYYYY. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure you are just bursting with excitement in getting ready for the big trip. I'm soooo happy for you both.
-- Kelli Moore
What wonderful news!
Yippee!!! I can't wait to meet him. Yes, it's been a long road. You've held up well. And it will all be worth it.
Blessings~ Marcie
soooooooooooooo happy for you!
Congratulations!! Best news I have heard in a while!!! Can't wait to meet that sweet little guy! Hugs, Lori Lewis
Post a Comment