Friday, October 05, 2007

What Should Have Been...

but wasn't meant to happen today. We had to cancel our embassy appointment because the USCIS in Fairfax hasn't issued the new approval for our fingerprints!! I've called senators and congressmen and have gotten nowhere. I've had friends call and they got no response either. I'm totally past frustration at this point!! We should be in Guatemala with Taylor forever in our arms, but we are sitting at home in Virginia waiting on the US government (once again!!).

We are more than ready to have Taylor home. We may be able to travel by the end of the month. The adoptions officer in Fairfax said our case will be reviewed next week and with Monday being a holiday, we may not know anything until the end of the week. Once the fingerprints have been approved, we can get another embassy appointment. Let's hope they are quick with those.

Hope all the families in Atlanta are having fun at Guatoberfest!! Thinking of you Lou and Natalie....know you are having a blast (as well as the girls!!). Keeping all those families still trying to get their angels home in our prayers. Special prayers for Claudia and her family as they prepare to give Taylor to us. I think his foster sister is having a hard time understanding what is going on. She has spent almost 15 months with him. Am sure it will be a tough period for all of them. We are very grateful for the love they have shown Taylor.

Thanks for following our continuing saga.......

3 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Dear Hunter,

I'm so mad. Mad at all the frustrating bureacracy that's happening between the US and Guatemala right now, and FURIOUS at this whole security clearance business. I mean, do they really think you were clear a year ago, but now you might be a horrible mastermind criminal? (Like paying lawyer fees sent you to rob a bank! -- Possible, but not likely.)

ARG! Listen, you are deeply in our thoughts and prayers. Maybe your case will be the first one on Tuesday and you'll have it in your hands come Friday.

*keeping our fingers crossed*
and praying.

With hope yet,
Kelli

Karen D. said...

Hunter,
Please know that I am praying for you!!!

Love,
Karen

JuJu - said...

PRAYING FOR GOOD NEWS SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia:)