Friday, February 16, 2007

It's been a Year!!

It's hard to believe that it's been a full year since we signed with our agency and began this adoption journey. Of course, those who know us, know that last February, we thought we were headed to China. My how things have changed! We have filled out piles of paperwork and gotten to know the ladies at the bank very well! They always ask what papers we need notarized!! Guess it seems strange for us to come in and do regular banking and not need a notary!! We certainly hope that barber baby will be home with us next February!!

On that note, there is nothing new to report on our case. We are STILL waiting for the social worker interview. Just heard that our sw's office is just 1/2 block from our attorney and they can't firm up a date!! We've been in family court since Jan. 8 and I think that is plenty of time to set up this appointment!! I'm getting a bit frustrated!! My patience is wearing thin with this social worker!! We did find out that our dna results were sent to the US Embassy around Feb. 5, so that means we should have pre-approval by March 5!!

On a more personal note, I would like to ask all my "blogger" friends to keep my dad's stepgrandson in your prayers. His stepdaughter came home from work yesterday and found her 3 month old son unresponsive; took him to the hospital and found out he had a cracked skull. Long story short, their baby sitter has been arrested and Zachary is still in a coma (drug induced, I think). They did surgery and also think he may have had a stroke. My dad seems to think he has a 50% chance of surviving. They all need your prayers. I feel terrible and I can't imagine what Erin and Cat (and their other 2 sons) are going through. Thanks for any and all prayers.

We will keep Zachary and all his family in our prayers. We continue to pray for julio, his foster family, birth mother and all the others involved in this process. We pray that he is home by the end of the school year!

Thanks for following our journey.......

4 comments:

JuJu - said...

OMG - 3 months old - what could he possibly have done to the baby sitter at 3 months -

hope they hang her!

JUlia

LouLou said...

Hunter,
My prayers are with you, and that sweet baby boy. I think God will have a special hell for people who hurt children. I too had to wait a while for our FC interview. I will specifically pray that you hear this week!

Love,

The Landes Family said...

He will be in our prayers. I can't imagine what would cause someone to do this to a child. Maybe we should pray for her also. That maybe she will get her life straight.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Gulledge said...
I can't wait for u to ge tthe baby. I have not seen u in a long time!!! I hope I see you and Taylor soon. Luv Ya!!