and two steps backward!! or in our case, maybe 10!!!!! Our adoption drama continues and nothing ceases to amaze me. In the latest news, our social worker interview is scheduled for this Tuesday, March 13. That is a huge step....yeah!! At this interview, the birth mother gives a social history and the social worker makes sure she understands what she is doing by giving up julio for adoption. I think the foster mother may also be interviewed and blanca (the birth mother) may see julio once again. This is the second time she must "sign" off and see the baby. This step is usually done while the dna samples/ tests are done. Of course, our case seems to not be the usual type and is taking a bit longer.....As you may remember, our dna was finally done and matched the first of Feb. (this only took 3 months to happen!!) The test results are faxed by the lab in the US to the Dept of Homeland Security in Guatemala at the US Embassy. The preapproval SHOULD be given by DHS within 30 days...well, that did not happen. I sent an email to the DHS (as they request) after about a 32 day period and......their reply was "we haven't received your test results. please don't contact us until 30 days after they have been sent." Boy am I frustrated!!! I can't believe our own government is doing this!! Also found out that the internet/ computer system at the DHS in GC has been down for about a week!!! I could expect this of the Guatemalan govt but not ours!! I have contacted our coordinator and she is calling the lab Monday and having them resend the results. I hope someone finds the test results this week and we won't have to wait another 30 days for PA.....it looks like we probably won't enter pgn (the final court) until the end of April...unless our attorney chooses to enter us without preapproval. I'm beginning to think of a summer pick up. As long as taylor is home by his first birthday.........
On a more positive note......we leave in 10 days to meet our little fella!! We are getting excited and looking forward to spending time with him!! Continue to keep julio, blanca, his foster family and us in your prayers. We also keep all those involved in the adoption process in our prayers.
Thanks for your prayers and support!
Sunday, March 11, 2007
One Step Forward....
Posted by
Hunter
at
5:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I completely understand your frustration with our government! It is so annoying that they are holding us up so much!!! Praying you receive lots of good news this week!
Hunter, you are in my prayers.
Is there any way your attorney can get DHS to expedite the PA because of the "misunderstanding"?
Hunter,
It is making me so angry all the delays OUR government is causing everyone. Aren't they supposed to be working FOR us??? I know you are so excited to go meet your precious little man. He is so cute! I know you will have a wonderful time. Didn't you say that you were staying at La Case Grande? Our friend in GC knows the owners well.....
Congrats on the news and I pray things will really speed up for you guys now:):)
Julia:)
I am praying for you, Hunter! Abbie's DNA and FC interviews were not at the same time either. I was actually on my Visit Trip when the FC interviews were done. My heart breaks for the poor birth moms who have to see the child that they gave birth to and are giving up again!
I can't wait to see your Visit Trip pics! You are going to have a blast with your little man!
Take Care!
Karen
Post a Comment