Thursday, March 15, 2007

One Week and Counting....

Only one more week and we will have barber baby in our arms!! We arrive in GC around noon on Thursday and get the baby around 4 pm!!! Can't believe how close we are getting to actually meeting taylor (daniel/ julio)!! We have so much to get done in the next week......I have several lists going so I hopefully won't forget anything important!!

Found out that our interview finally took place on Tuesday (3/13)!! One more step done; now to wait for the social worker to write the report!! Kathy talked to the lab regarding the missing DNA results. They were faxed to the US Embassy on Feb. 5 and she gave us a tracking number and name of the person who signed for it. I have emailed the embassy so we will see what happens. Guess I may have to write our senator/ congressman once again. Hopefully they will find it tomorrow!! Keep those prayers going.

We got new pictures of our little fella this week. Our fm sent back a disposable camera with lots of good shots. Will try to scan them and post some before our trip. I'm not that computer savy so it may not work. I plan to try to blog next week while we are gone if the internet connections will allow. If not, there will be plenty of pictures to share once we get back around the end of March.

Please continue to keep julio, his foster family and all the other guatemala babies in your prayers. They need to come home quickly. We also pray for all the officials and government workers who are in control of much of this process.

Thank you for the continued prayers and support.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on the family interview! I know that's been a huge step. This next week is going to fly by- you'll get to hold your sweet boy SOON!

Natalie said...

This post is just full of great news! I'm soooo happy for you...finally the interviews have been done! And as crazy as it sounds, it's great that you found out that the Embassy DID receive your DNA results. Even if the lab has to send them again, they should expedite it for you. I guarantee you will get good news while you're visiting Taylor! Oh...I'm so excited for you!

Bekah said...

Praise the Lord that the interviews are done! I will keep praying that things start to really move for you! Can't wait to see pictures of you holding your son!

The Landes Family said...

Yay, we wil be praying for more good news. Can't wait to follow your journey. believe me I know what a wait is like to have that precious little one in your arms.