Sunday, September 09, 2007

Another hurdle to cross

As we were getting all excited about Taylor being home soon, we've found there's a new hurdle to cross. Our fingerprints expire Sept 21 and we went to Charlotte on Aug 21 to get new prints. Well...someone in the US govt decided we needed to get a I-72!! Evidently there are some court papers that we need to get before they will resume processing our new fingerprints. These court papers are located in VA Beach so either Terry will be making a trip to the beach or hopefully a family member who is in the legal field will be able to help us!! I am so frustrated....it seems they think we are trying to hide something but have disclosed all information. Some of it was evidently left out of the homestudy!! Now after already being approved with our first I-600 we have to jump more hoops before we get renewed and can travel. If we could travel before Sept 21 and be back, I think we'd be safe......I think that would be asking for a miracle though!!! Once again we have experienced the incompetence of the US Government......we've had more issues with them than any other part of the whole process. I think letters will be sent to govt officials once Taylor is home with us. Am sorry this is not such nice post, but I'm so upset and frustrated because all of this could have been resolved last summer when we first applied for the I-600!!!

I did survive the first week back at school with the kids and it was great!! I'm doing something different this year with full inclusion of developmentally delayed preschoolers. It's been interesting.....we only have 4 girls and 14 boys!!! I always said I don't like classes full of boys.....my coteacher says it's to prepare me for Taylor coming home!!!

Hopefully I will have some good news to post later this week. Oh, we did get our new birth certificate on last Monday and I think our papers were submitted to the embassy on Thursday. That is a bright spot!!

Please continue to keep us and those whose help we need in your prayers. We pray daily for all the guatababies, those here at home and those still stuck in Guatemala!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys.

Lori and Robby said...

That is just ridiculous about the fingerprints! Let's just pray you get pink (or are they calling it orange now?) soon and can travel before the 21st!!!!!

Karen D. said...

Hunter,
I will be praying for your miracle! Your little man needs to come home!

Please call me if you need to talk! I hope that we can meet one day soon!

Love,
Karen

Natalie said...

OK...I am honestly speechless. Hunter, you deserve a HA-UGE break!!! Please give me a call when you get a chance.