Boy have we been busy this week!! I started back to school on Monday and had quite an interesting week!! Some major changes were made at the last minute on Thursday so I had to end up working on Friday!! But guess I'm ready for the kids on Tuesday. It will be a different year and I'm excited!!
We've also been busy getting all the final paperwork finished to take with us for our embassy appointment. It's a joke the amount of paperwork. Still need to get it notarized since we both ended up working on Friday.
Now for some good news.......we should have Taylor's new birth certificate with us listed as his parents on Monday!!! I can't believe all this is finally happpening. Then all the documents are translated and should be ready to submit to the US Embassy on Thursday. Once the documents are submitted it's just a few more weeks until we travel!!! They have to complete the second dna test and results are submitted to the embassy within 5 days. After that, we are issued our pink slip that gives us our Embassy appointment!!! I hope we have about 10 days notice. I'm trying to get things together now so I won't panic at the last minute!!! I've heard where people only have 3 days to make airline and hotel reservations. I don't want to cut it that close!!!
More good news is that Taylor's crib is finally up!! Terry got it done today in less than an hour with no dirty words!!! It seemed pretty simple so hope it's sturdy!!!! Will put the crib set on it tomorrow!! I finally ordered one from Target and it came this week!! We also have rearranged some furniture so his room is ready for his arrival!!!
So much for our busy week.....now I will need to rest tomorrow (while Terry works!!) and get ready for another busy week at work!! Have to finally say that our weekend was complete with our first Virginia Tech football game!! It wasn't pretty but they pulled out the win. Believe me the emotions were high from the beginning. It's been a tough 4 months for the Hokie Nation but they are on the mend!
As always, we thank you for following our journey and appreciate all the prayers and words of encouragement. We know this is such a tough time for Claudia knowing that Taylor will only be with her family for a few more weeks. I can't begin to express how much we appreciate all she has done for him and us and how grateful we are for her. She has taken wonderful care of him and loved him so much. I know they will both miss each other terribly. I pray that the transition is a smooth one for all of us.
Have a restful Labor Day!!!
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Busy, Busy, Busy!!!!
Posted by
Hunter
at
9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! LET THE TRANSITION BEGIN!! Good Luck and GOD bless. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers! Missy
Hey Hunter,
We're so excited for you all. Not much time left at all! (And I thought everything has been a whirlwind here with just VISITING our boys in a couple of weeks AND starting school Tuesday!) We're so very excited for you both!!!
-- Kelli Moore
we are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited that your baby boy will be with home for good SOOOOOOOOON:):):):):):):):)
JUlia;)
WOOHOO- so glad to hear that my nephew is finally coming home- can't wait to see him!!! I'm ready to go running with him- Erin will help out too!! LOL. Hunter- cant be any prouder for you and terry for you two to work so hard to get Taylor home.
love your big brother- :)
Post a Comment